The gujarat public service commission was constituted under article 315(1) of the constitution of india has defined function of the public service commission in which one of the most significant power listed is the power as an advisory. It can give advice to the president and the governors of any state in.
As per the provision of the Constitution of India formation of the Gujarat Public Service Commission has been made on 01-05-1960.
Functions of the Commission
Following functions have been entrusted to the Gujarat Public Service Commission under Article 320 of the Constitution of India.
- To conduct examinations for appointment to the services of the State.
- To advise on –
- The matters relating to methods of recruitment to various Civil Services of the State;
- The principles to be followed in making appointments to civil services of the State and granting promotions, transfers from one service to another and the suitability of candidates for such appointments, promotions and transfers;
- All the disciplinary matters affecting the Government servants,
- The claims of reimbursements of legal expenses incurred by Government Servants in defending themselves in legal proceedings initiated against them for the act done or purported to be done by them while executing their duty;
- The claims for granting injury-pensions to Government Servants; and
- Any other matters that may be referred to the Commission by His Execellancy the Governor
These functions are subject to the limitations imposed by the Gujarat Public Service Commission (Exemption from Consultation) Regulations, 1960 made under proviso to clause (3) of Article 320 of the Constitution of India.