Under the re-organization of Madhya Pradesh, the State of Chattisgarh came into existence on 1st November 2000 and Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission was formed under the provision of Act 315 of the Constitution of India on 23rd May 2001.The commission is to perform the following functions
- To conduct examinations for the appointments in the state
- To advise the state government on the following:
- On all matters related with the state civil service.
- On matters related with the eligibility, transfer and promotion of the civil servants.
- On matters related with monetary benefits and compensation to the civil servant by the state government.