Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is a national level board of education in India. CBSE controlled and managed by Union Government of India. CBSE provides affiliation to both public and private schools. Schools are situated all over India as well as in some foreign countries. All Navodaya and Kendriya Vidyalay are affiliated to CBSE.
Central Board of Secondary Education
The board establishment history started from the setup of UP Board in 1921. It has under its jurisdiction Rajputana, Central India and Gwalior. In response to the representation made by the Government of United Provinces, the then Government of India suggested to set up a joint Board in 1929 for all the areas which were named as the ‘Board of High School and Intermediate Education, Rajputana’. This included Ajmer, Merwara, Central India and Gwalior.
CBSE Examination and Result
CBSE conducts annual exam of class 10 and 12 every year. It declares annual board exam result in the month of May. Board Exam Result declared on this website https://cbseresults.nic.in/
- Board also conducts various exams as requested by the union government.
- In 2017, Prime Minister Narendra Modi cleared a proposal for the creation of a National Testing Agency (NTA) which is conducting various entrance examinations.
- The board earlier conducted the AIEEE Exam for admission to undergraduate courses in engineering and architecture in colleges across India. However, the AIEEE exam was merged with the IIT-Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) in 2013. The common examination is now called JEE(Main) and is henceforth conducted by National Testing Agency.
- In 2014, the conduct of the National Eligibility Test(NET) for grant of a Junior Research Fellowship(JRF) and eligibility for assistant professor in institutions of higher learning was outsourced to CBSE.
- Apart from these tests, CBSE also conducts the Central Teacher Eligibility Test(CTET) and the Class X optional proficiency test. With the addition of NET in 2014, the CBSE has become the largest exam conducting body in the world.
- Currently, CBSE conducts
- National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)
- Central Teacher Eligibility Test (twice a year)
- UGC’s National Eligibility Test (twice a year)
- Entrance test for Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas.
|Board||Central Board of Secondary Education|
|Moto||Committed to Equality and Excellence in Education|
|Websites||CBSE Website CBSE Result Website|